Thursday, April 16, 2009

Free as a Bird




I must have caught the "nesting" bug recently because I've been making all these cute little baby things. My most recent is this adorable little birdie mobile to hang over the baby's crib. I think that it looks much cooler than anything you could buy at the store. First I made about a gillion little birds from a pattern you can find here, they are simple to make but time consuming to fill with stuffing. I bought the sticks from Ikea when my mom was in town. To finish out the project I went to the hardware store and purchased a bunch of tiny little screws with eye tops. Ricky help me cut the sticks into sections, then I went about assembling the whole sha-bang. I'm really happy with how it turned out and can't wait to make a few more to give as gifts and sell in the store!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! Way cooler then any of the over priced mobiles that I've seen. I can't believe it didn't even cross my mind to make one after all the complaining I have done about previously mentioned over-priced mobiles...

    ReplyDelete