Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Vintage Buy Trip





Went to LA today for a buy trip. I needed to pick up a bunch of dresses and tees for our reconstruction line Particle. Buy trips in LA are one of my favorite things to do in this industry. There is SO much clothing to sift through and I usually end up finding a couple of pieces for myself. Most of the womens clothing is in HUGE bins that I crawl up into and toss everything out that I don't need and the rest ends up in a barrel about 4 feet tall.

Today I spent 3 hours sorting through Antique dresses and 80's elastic waist dresses. I filled up two barrels which means it was actually a very small buy. Dresses are really hard to come buy because women are really picky when it comes to what they wear. Antique dresses in particular because I pick dresses only from the 40's-60's, which means they are a minimum of 40 years old. They also have to be in near perfect condition and of current size.


So now I have my work cut out for me for the next few days, literally. I will be washing, cutting, and sewing to fulfill Spring Orders. It's alot of work but I love what I do, and I am so fortunate to be able to work for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment