Friday, April 17, 2009

Scrabble Night


For the last few months a couple of my girlfriends and I have been getting together every other Thursday night for a game of scrabble. Each week a different person hosts at their house and makes something yummy to nosh on.

We've had baked ziti, a couple types of fresh bruschettas, Asian style egg rolls with sweet & sour soup, pear & Gorgonzola pizza (my night), and last night was an all raw menu, it was DELICIOUS! Abra made "tacos" using all types of nuts and beans to make the mock meat and cheese. Dessert was equally tasty as a nut based coconut pudding with fresh berries, I have to say I was quite impressed...and FULL: )


So far it had been some super fierce competition with some really good words, one game Katie scored 50+ points for one word! We've deducted that the person who plays first usually wins the game. Not true last night though, Brooke came in first but I WON THE TOURNAMENT!!! We have played about 5 games to date and because I have come in 1st and 2nd in two games I won a gift certificate for a pedicure in North Park, SCORE! I can't wait to go get pampered!

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous. I love Scrabble, but no one will play with me because I always win. haha. I am totally crashing your Scrabble night next time I'm in SD.

    ReplyDelete